Monday, January 19, 2009

It is MLK Day and tomorrow is the Inaguration and my interview!!!- what a week! We are two weeks into 2009 and I'm still trying to get settled. For the first time...I really have good feeling about this year, but I have to take it all in and get it going. Last year...my 25th year of life was filled with surprises, drama, and life lessons. I think I learned A LOT about myself during 2008, so I guess you could still call it a great year in the end...yet through it I wasn't feeling great.

Now - I am truly going to embrace happiness and peace. I'm realizing how important it is to have both...and the impact happiness and peace can have on your life and spirit. Right now - I'm in a semi-happy place. Things are falling into place and I'm patiently waiting for all my puzzle pieces to assemble nicely.

The Puzzle Pieces:

1) Weight Loss - I'm working very hard daily and learning more about myself and why I am overweight. It is something you have to think about and accept - the reasons we are the way we are...then you can move on and change it! This try at weight loss as been a wonderful experience...I'm loving working out and focusing on eating healthy. I have two workout buddies...which helps everything and I have a great support group. I joined a RDU Biggest Loser team...and that has been phenomenal..especially wearing a bracelet daily that states "Too Sexy for this Fat"...through it all the last 2 weeks have been hard, I thought I was going to be able to just start the new year off right, but I realized the impact that peace and happiness plays in such a journey. So...I'm bringing it all together...peace, happiness, focus, and weight loss....this puzzle piece will take time to fit snug in my puzzle. Hopefully in June I'll be sharing that I am the biggest loser! :)

2) Finances - Another puzzle piece that will take time to fit in the puzzle, but I'm hoping that I can at least get it shaped correctly. My boyfriend and I signed up for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University...and really the name is what it is. After the first class....on SAVING...I definitely felt that financial peace is around the corner. Yes...I did feel that it is going to be challenging to do all the things that were discussed, but the baby steps revealed are a path of peace, saving, and giving. I definitely want to....walk on that path. The wonderful thing is that I am young...we were the youngest in the class. I suggest this class to EVERYONE whether you have a lot of money....or you are struggling like me - it will and can change your life and status.

3) Job Search - I wonder how it feels to wake up and say "I love my job" or "I can't wait to get to work"....not sure I've ever felt that, if you have please share the emotions and thoughts attached. I am in the process of job searching. Yes - I always wanted to be a teacher, but not the teacher that the system of education is making me. I feel like I am a bird in a box ready to be released...so she can soar. I want to soar and there's not much room for soaring. I am ready for a new opportunity....I have an interview tomorrow and I'm praying that it all works out. I feel that the opportunity was put in my path for a reason and I didn't want to let this opportunity pass me by...

These are my 2009 puzzle pieces...I'm hoping that slowly they begin to fit together nicely as new pieces are constructed and added.....it does not yet appear...what I shall be!

No comments:

Post a Comment